Have you ever heard of automated feeders? You may think it works automatically, so why not try it once? Well, I was on the same page before, but after doing some study, I found out that it’s a lot more hassle than I thought initially.
So, before Goggling dog feeder near me, let’s see how it works and the pros and cons of using one.
What Is an Automated Feeder?
Automatic feeders are one of the first innovations to hit the pet market, making mealtimes easier. It is just what it sounds like. It’s basically a feeder for pets. These release specific portions of food from time to time (according to schedule, obviously) for your doggo. Some of the most advanced ones can also be controlled by the Smartphone app from afar!
Advantages of Using Automatic Feeders
Do you have a dog that cries for food in the morning or a cat that meows at your feet when their meal is a few minutes late? If that’s the case, the advantages of automated pet feeding outweigh the costs:
- You don’t have to be a cook for your pet! You can just buy/cook the food once and schedule it for days for your furry friend.
- You can become more mindful! With an automated feed, you can be more mindful of your work than worrying about your pet.
- You can control your pup’s weight! Automatic feeders are ideal for overweight pets. They deliver food in controlled quantities and portions, ensuring that your pet does not over-eat.
Drawbacks Of Using Automatic Feeders
Automated feeders aren’t all good and are a must for your pet. If you mostly stay at home, you probably don’t need it. Because of these reasons, you shouldn’t buy an automated feeder:
- They can malfunction sometimes. No gadget or equipment is perfect. The feeder can clog or malfunction, refusing to release food and leaving your pet hungry. That’s why I don’t suggest going away for the weekend and leaving mealtimes to the pet feeder.
- It is not a replacement for you. Pet feeders shouldn’t take the place of you or other human connections. They should be used on special occasions only.
- Their abilities are limited. They don’t clean themselves. You’ll have to clean it and maintain it regularly to keep it going.
- If your fur kid is sick, it may take longer to notice. It’s simple to tell whether your pet has eaten what you’ve placed in front of them when you set down a bowl of food, but it’s not so easy with an automated feeder.
Is It Necessary To Invest In An Automated Feeder?
An automated pet feeder may be a lifesaver if you’re out of the home a lot, but you have to be aware of the negatives.
If you can rule out the negatives somehow, automated feeders are well worth the cost for day-to-day hassle-free mealtimes. So, just Google dog feeder near me and purchase the one your doggo will love!